Monday, May 21, 2012

HOMEMADE FOOD FOR PAX

 
Several people have asked me, "what do you feed Paxton now?" And I'm so happy to share that I make homemade baby food for him! (Many thanks to my awesome sister for getting the Baby Bullet for me!!)

So here are some yummy combos that my hungry little monster LOVES to eat.

AVO-TATO-NANIES! (I'm making up these names)
1 whole avocado
1 small sweet potato, cooked
1 whole banana
+/- 4 oz. breast milk (I add this little by little because sometimes it takes a little less, other times a little more)

AVO-MMMKIN-NANIES!
1 whole avocado
1/2 cup pumpkin, cooked
1 whole banana
+/- 4 oz. breast milk

SWEETATER-SAUCE!
1 medium sweet potato, cooked
1 whole apple, cooked*
+/- 4 oz. breast milk
*I also substitute 1 pear for the apple, and Pax loves it just the same.

PEAS & CARROTS* (with Forest Gump accent, please)
1 cup carrots, cooked
1 cup peas, cooked
+/- 3 oz. breast milk
*Paxton hates the taste of peas (and green beans), so I have to camo them with other foods. He eats his P's & C's best when mixed with one of the first three recipes or any other sweet food (sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, pears, mangoes, etc. If I add more carrots to this recipe, he eats this by itself.)

Other info: Occasionally Pax has a hard time making dirty in his dipe. He grunts & grunts & gets all red in the face, and all that comes out is a little marble. And this makes us laugh, but we also feel for him, too. So when this happens, I simply add some pureed prunes (usually just 2-3 spoonfuls is all it takes) to his meal, and he's good to go!

So these are the foods that are working well for us now. We'll be trying new yummy things shortly, and I'll try to post them as we go.

Happy eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment